The Association of Vision Science Librarians (AVSL) is an international organization composed of professional librarians, or persons acting in that capacity, whose collections and services include vision-related materials. All members must either currently work in a vision library or be retired as a member of AVSL.
- be willing to participate and contribute to AVSL, either as an officer or in support of one of the many AVSL projects
- institutions with more than one AVSL member should strive to have at least one active member in AVSL
- attend AVSL meetings when possible
- review the AVSL Listserv Policy
For more information on resources sharing, please review our Interlibrary Loan Policy.
Librarians at corporate libraries or information centers that support research in eye and/or vision care may become members of AVSL.
Those who seek a profit from AVSL membership will not be accepted as members.
Students will be awarded temporary membership if:
- they submit a copy of their library school student ID, and
- they renew membership yearly by re-submitting their school student ID
Student members may participate in resource sharing only if they are currently working in a vision library. For more information see our webpage on Interlibrary Loans through AVSL which includes eligibility criteria.
Last Updated: 2/7/2014